We do not allow spam or other deceptive practices which take advantage of the Seedly community. We also do not allow content where the main purpose is to trick community members into leaving Seedly for another site.
All spam will be immediately removed from Seedly without notification. While we cannot define these types of content in its entirety, here are some examples which we consider are characteristic of spam:
- Posting clipped content with the intention of using it as a gateway to link out to an external website or platform in order to read it in its entirety
- Posting duplicate content via a single or multiple Seedly profiles.
- Posting content solely to drive traffic to an external website or platform.
- Posting links to an external website or platform with misleading information or fake news
- Posting large amounts of identical, untargeted or repetitive content.
- Misleading title, images, description, or topic tags.
- Reposting content from other sources (which are not yours) to generate views, upvotes, or other personal gains.
- Repeatedly using upvotes and comments as a method of promotion.
We do not allow deceptive conduct on Seedly, this includes:
- Impersonating a person or an organisation in order to deceive community members. We reserve the right to ban your Seedly profile pending investigation and user verification.
- Using Seedly for phishing or fraud.
Non-Genuine Community Behaviours
Seedly depends on user behaviours like upvotes and views to determine what content to feature. Which is why we do not allow artificial behaviours which can skew this system and degrade the overall user experience. This includes:
- Buying or selling comments, upvotes, or views.
- Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions (especially via automated means like bots) such as comments, upvotes, or views.
- Registering fake Seedly profiles to post content or interact with users or content.